Our home care social workers are qualified to cope with the social, economic, and emotional needs that may occur because of the patient's medical condition. The mission of our clinical social workers is to help patients and families understand, adjust, and cope with the impact of their illness, situation, or injury. From there, we help maximize patients' level of functionality to improve their quality of life.
Furthermore, social services provided by social workers can include counseling patients wishing to resolve emotionally painful family issues that take on a new sense of urgency in times of terminal illness.
Social workers help home care patients and their families:
1) Assess the patient's social, economic, and emotional
2) Facilitate crisis intervention and emergency services.
3) Offer guidance on planning and decision-making.
4) Counsel patients on adjusting to and managing
5) Evaluate the need for additional medical or community
services and assist with referrals.
6) Educate patients and families about community
7) Assist with transfer to a higher level of care if needed,
including assisted living or skilled nursing facility.